- 1. DON’T PANIC. Keep the vehicle behind a locked gate or in a locked garage and immediately do the following:
- 2. Call the finance company and try to work out a repayment plan to get caught up. They may be willing to put some of the pastdue payments at the end of the loan. You may have to pay the repossession fees, though.
- 3. Make sure you understand how to retrieve your personal property from the vehicles. The timeframes are very specific so make sure you contact the creditor or repossession company right away.
- 4. Call The Law Office of Susan J. Salehi by contacting them by phone or email through www.bkhelpnow.com and set up your FREE consultation today. You will learn through a FREE consultation with the attorney how a Chapter 7 bankruptcy can help you discharge any balance owed on the car loan, including repossession fees and costs. You may even be able to retain the car by agreeing to a “reaffirmation agreement” with the creditor, although many creditors will require that the loan is current before they will reaffirm the loan. You can learn more at www.bkhelpnow.com.
- 5. Call The Law Office of Susan J. Salehi by contacting them by phone or email through www.bkhelpnow.com. You will learn through a FREE consultation how a Chapter 13 reorganization/repayment bankruptcy can help you regain possession of the vehicle and pay it back over 3 to 5 years, frequently at a lower interest rate, and in some cases paying less than the full balance of the car loan. All of your other debts will also be included in this reorganization with the unsecured credit card debt (and even a second mortgage if it is “unsecured” – the value of the house is less than the current market value of the property) being paid as low as 0% of the amount they are owed. Every case is different. So call The Law Office of Susan J. Salehi by contacting them by phone or email through www.bkhelpnow.com and set up your FREE consultation today.
- ALWAYS MEET WITH THE ATTORNEY. REASONABLE RATES.
OFFICES IN VENTURA, SANTA BARBARA, WOODLAND HILLS & SANTA BARBARA FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. All locations and phone numbers are at www.bkhelpnow.com.
- Under federal law, we are a debt relief agency, proudly helping people eliminate or reorganize their debts since 1992